Think rich warm earthy tones, sandy shades, burnt oranges and you’re in the comfort zone of terracotta.
Calming and comforting, this earthenware shade has an organic feel, and it’s a natural choice for a chic colour palette of rich rusts balanced by beige, neutrals and shell pinks.
Here’s what’s fired our imagination…
1. Carrots Soup Plate, £25, Emma Bridgewater
Whether it’s gazpacho or carrot soup, those power-packed blended veggies and side of crusty bread are the perfect fit this soup plate.
2. Brabantia Tasty + Frying Pan, 20cm, Non-Stick – Terracotta Pink, £31.25, Spatula Plus Cutting Edge, Tasty+ – Terracotta Pink, £8.50, Brabantia
Master the art of flawless, fluffy omelettes and perfect pancakes with Brabantia’s new non-stick frying pan with grip handle in terracotta pink. Suitable for gas, electric, induction and ceramic.
3. Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick, £31.99, (567g), Yankee Candle
Scentscaping for summer? The sweet, spicy scent of cinnamon with base notes of bay leaf and cedarwood is one of the most familiar fragrances – and will boost your wellbeing with its mood lifting aroma.
4. Shaped Ceramic Set of 3 Mini Vases, £18, Next
Abstract vases are having a moment in the sun this summer and this stoneware trio tick all the boxes. Contemporary and combining rose hues with ivory and terracotta.
5. Bella Terracotta Table Lamp, £125, Natural Raffia Lamp Shade, from £58, Graham & Green
This sculptural lamp makes a sophisticated statement with its raffia lampshade and sets the scene for restful schemes.
6. HK Living Terracotta Vase with Handles, £80, Spicer & Wood
With its decorative handles and Mediterranean vibe, this is the kind of vase that radiates warmth and works like a dream with rustic furniture, tans, exposed timber and stone.
7. Get Your Funk On Wallpaper in Tuscan Rooftop, The Running Fox and Tahini, £45 per roll, Lust Home
When you want to bring an element of classic retro home, this psychedelic print with its burnt orange hues, caramel and browns is your happy place. A fabulous styling tool, the design has matching paints to play around with to create a contrast wall. And you can change the feel with plush fabrics, rugs and cabinet of curios.
8. Terracotta Dreams A3 Abstract Print, Oak Frame, £39, (was £45), Cult Furniture
For no-stress decorating, let someone else’s brush works do the talking. Art prints can be tailored to fit any decor – and Terracotta Dreams channels escapism and freedom of expression.
9. Hutton Compact 2 seater ‘sofa in a box,’ Soft Velvet Rust Brown, £460, Next
If your space is more bijoux than grandiose, this ‘sofa in a box’ is a brilliant way to incorporate more seating without having to commit to larger furnishings. Compact and petite, the sofa arrives in a box, designed to fit through tight spaces – and rust brown velvet feels cosy as we slowly head into autumn.
10. John Lewis Odora Rug, £300, (120 x 180), John Lewis – available from August 6
A mix of wool and silk, this hand-tufted rug with harmonious colourway of sandy shades, dusty pink and damson makes a tactile focal point.
11. Terracotta Super Soft 100% Cotton Bed Linen, King Size Duvet, £79, Standard Pillowcase, £14, Spice Vivienne 100% Cotton Quilted Throw, £109, Secret Linen Store – available from August 11
And so to bed… is there anything lovelier than cocooning yourself in terracotta bed linen to enhance those feel-good vibes from this happy hue? Style with touches of ivory and grey to highlight this pleasing pigment.